Commercial signs are a way of advertisements to promote any business. They tell us about the company, new products, and promotions, etc. Commercial signs introduce business in manners, no sort of advertising or publicizing methods can. An attractively designed and well installed commercial sign becomes a way to open up doors for businesses. Commercial signs support and advertise businesses not exclusively to the intended crowd but also globally.
To know more about how commercial signs help a business, we need to explore different types of commercial signs and what benefits a business get out of them. So, without further ado, here are some;
Types of Commercial Signs
Exterior and Interior Signs: There is a wide range of commercial signs that can be displayed both indoor and outdoor. Exterior signs usually attract the attention of buyers and draw them within the location while interior signs assist consumers in locating a commodity within the store and drawing their attention to exclusive promotions and make them make purchases.
Ground-Mounted and Building-Mounted Signs: Commercial signs can also range from ground-mounted signs to the signs that are mounted on buildings. They have different purposes. Ground-mounted signs can take on an assortment of shapes and measures and are mostly installed nearby a street to draw in the consideration of passing drivers. Building-mounted signs are appended to the business place and might be helpful in localities where pedestrian activity is pervasive.
Benefits of Commercial Signs
Businesses know that making and fashioning commercial signs that are tailored to needs and are designed up to the scale is an ensured strategy for them to get notified. There are many benefits that a commercial sign possesses for businesses.
- Draws More Clients: According to research, 76% of consumers have claimed that they entered a store because they were drawn in by their commercial signs.
- Spectacular Benefits: Approximately 67% of people have claimed to make purchases because the sign seemed eye-catching to them, as per the latest survey.
- Lingual Benefits: Studies have reported that 75% of people spread about business and told others because they got attracted by its outdoor sign.
- Cost-Effective: Commercial signs that are displayed within and around the business premises are cheaper than the other marketing strategies like radio and TV ads, flyers, and posters, etc.
- Round the Clock Display: A commercial sign, once installed, will keep on displaying a business 24/7. Its one-time installation can give good business continuously for many years.
- Positive Impact on Sales: Approximately 60% of businesses have reported around a 10% increase in their sales after they installed commercial signs or improved their sign’s visibility and design according to the latest business research.
So, the installation of commercial signs is one of the best and the most economical way to promote a business. Surveys conducted have reported that an average of 60% of people was hesitant from entering a business place because they did not see a sign there. And around 50% of people claimed that poor signs deterred them from going inside a store. So, it is not only important to install a sign, but a sign that is visually attractive and well-designed functions better for the success of a business. They should be attractive but also be appropriately installed to facilitate a proper view.
Why Is it Important To Follow The Rules While Applying Commercial Signs?
Commercial signs are the most effective way to attract millions of customers to your businesses. These dazzling beauties make people come out of their cars and get into your shops. Many signs can be easily recognized from miles distances, and if your sign is strategic, then the viewer might end up in your doors.
But these extraordinary signs do not appear by the wave of some magic wand; it requires a lot of designing, manufacturing, planning, some rules and regulations, guidelines, and a lot of skills to get installed up there.
Here are some rules that you must follow while installing commercial signs;
Permits and Licensed Contractor
Before you think of installing a commercial sign for your business, the first thing you will need is a permit. A permit is a legal document that authorizes and approves you to install a sign. The license is issued when your sign’s dimensions and type meet the guidelines and conditions that are set up.
You also need to have your job get done by a licensed sign contractor. If you are working with an unlicensed sign contractor, you will not be able to get a permit to install the sign.
Once you have the permit from the city to put up a commercial sign, now is the turn to take approval from your building’s landlord, unless you own the property. A significant part of being a successful business owner is to regard and have good relations with other business owners, and your landowner is a business holder you do not want to mess with.
Your good relations and communication with the business building’s proprietor are essential for your business. So to prosper your business, get your landlord’s approval and let them see that you have the right people to get the job done.
Finding the Right People for the Job
After spending weeks to gain the permit and learn the codes, you might probably come to an end that you do not want to install a commercial sign. But this is not the solution; hiring the right people for the job is! A licensed sign contractor has the proper knowledge of all the city codes and can also gain access to permit.
Ensure that you hire a company that is perfectly fit for the job and takes care of your order from gaining a permit to sign design, manufacturing, and installing the sign. This is where UnitySigns can help you with years of experience under its belt in all signage fields from designing to installation. Because you need to have a business sign that goes beyond your expectations, not only fulfills the task appropriately but also guides you through the entire process and encourages open communications.
Making and Installation of Sign
You now have the permit to set up the sign, your landlord has also approved you, and you have hired the right team for the purpose. You are still a few steps far from seeing your bright beauty. There are a few necessary steps to be followed for sign installation.
- Survey of the Site: Even though a survey is not necessarily needed for every project, but if you intend to put up a sign that should last for many years, then the survey becomes mandatory. Without a survey, there is a chance of many viewpoints that your structure has to offer your sign to get neglected.
- Designing your Sign: Installation of a sign is not an easy task. You probably won’t want yourself to go through all the hassle again and again. So be sure exactly how you want your sign to be. Although the company you’ve hired will have designers for the purpose, you still need to have liked it. Make sure your sign resembles your business themes and try not to make a rainbow; it makes it difficult to see and read the sign. Be tolerant until the designing process is complete because it takes many attempts to get a final proof.
- Final Proof Approval: When your design is complete, it is time for approval. Make sure that all the details are absolutely the way you wanted before it is set for printing. Check out for the material, dimensions, color themes, and logo.
- Printing the Sign: Sit back and relax! Yes, this is your company’s task. You probably need a rest from all the struggles you have been through. Now that your design is approved, the company has taken it to get it printed. Your sign will be ready in the time, depending upon the package you have chosen.
You can either opt for an urgent package or a normal package depending upon when you want your sign to be ready. Companies can usually take up to a week or so for printing signs that are not urgently required.
- Selecting the location: Meanwhile your sign is in designing process, you need to select the right location to set up the sign. You can also have an idea from the beginning but it is better to finalize it with your Signage Company depending on the height and design of the sign.
- Installation of Your Sign: Finally, the day is here! Installation requires a lot of skills, attentiveness, and precision. The company will use cranes and appropriate equipment to install the signs properly. Make sure the team you have hired is experienced and can install the sign precisely. Once your sign is designed, and if a proficient team has performed the job, then your beautiful baby is ready to promote your business, attract customers and bring them into your doors.
In a nutshell, there are specific rules, regulations, and steps to be followed before installing a commercial sign for your business. If these steps are taken care of with accuracy, then the result can be overwhelming. Who wouldn’t like to grow their businesses if they are just the cost of a sign away?